Sunday, May 27, 2018

Monochrome Challenge

Monochrome Challenge 

I've been doing a monthly art challenge with a wonderful group of local artists, coordinated by Selena Stevens Art and Two Sisters Scrapbooking and Papercraft. 


 This month was "Monochrone".  


I had so many ideas and was finding it hard to actually start a piece.  Over the past 2 years I've painted a number of black and white paintings, from landscape to still life, but I wanted to step outside the comfort zone with this challenge. 


I started the piece yesterday, finally with a clear idea of what I wanted to paint.  Then this morning it changed…..  I started to listen to what the canvas and paints wanted to become.....  I know it sounds a bit funny, but I just started to follow how the colours where blending and the patterns from different strokes and the next thing.....  well here it is.




Abstract art is a challenge for me, but I'm enjoying the processes involved.  

Details:
Canvas - 31cm x 61cm
Acrylics
Title:  Looking through the fabrics of time
Original piece by Wendy Patterson

No comments:

Post a Comment