Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Abstract Painting.


Had the chance to finish up an abstract painting today.  Trying something a little different for me.

25cm x 30cm canvas.  I didn't prime this canvas before I applied a thick layer of texture paste.  I used a pallet knife and modelling tools to create some additional dimension and patterns to the paste.  Because the texture paste was quite thick in some areas, I let it air dry for several days.  I didn't use a heat gun to dry, I wanted to avoid the texture paste from cracking.

Once completely dry I used the Colour Blast Black Gesso to the canvas.  I then used a copper metallique wax, by Art Alchemy to highlight the texture of the painting.




I enjoyed this process.  Looking forward to trying this on a larger canvas.


No comments:

Post a Comment